alliosn

photo fcda9f15-100e-45f7-925b-f552fd1faf66_zpsknmfg4mo.jpg

Friday, July 8, 2011

Long weekend

First midterm= DONE! My friend brought me Trolli eggs after I took my test (I have been waiting to try these for ages!) and they were SO GOOD. My new gummy obsession. I came home to an empty house so I decided to go thrifting around Euclid. I figured that since I drove that far I'd might as well make use of it, so I went to 3 different thrift stores... in one day... Probably the most tiring day I have had in a while. I found a couple of really good pieces & at amazingly decent prices. I picked up a black blazer, oversize crochet top, vintage belt, acid wash jacket, high waisted electric blue bodycon skirt, & a silky black top. All for $10. SERIOUS. I couldn't believe it either. I totally forgot to take pictures of these things but I might add them up later. Anyway, after my 3 hour thrifting excursion I stopped by the local Barnes & Noble for a nice air-conditioned magazine sesh. Then went to Nana San for a very belated birthday present from a friend. Prices were pretty steep but the sushi was amazing! Extremely high quality and tried a whole bunch of things I usually wouldn't have.. quail egg shooters, shrimp boat, blue fin tuna, etc. &Finished the day off with late night happy hour at Tokyo Table!







Lotus root with spicy tuna

Quail egg shooters


Yellowtail, bluefin tuna, uni & I can't remember the roll

House special roll w/soft shell crab


Shrimp boat

Bonito

Sea bass marinated in sake

Unagi & anago sushi


Lychee mojito from Tokyo Table

Oh! And I forgot to post a couple days ago--lazy study day led to outdoor ramen picnic & personalized coffee mug chocolate cake:




Okay so these pictures totally do not do this cake justice, but it was good! You can find the recipe here. It really is sad, the things I will find to do to distract me from my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment