alliosn

photo fcda9f15-100e-45f7-925b-f552fd1faf66_zpsknmfg4mo.jpg

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Exploring from the MRT

So far, we've been exploring Taipei slowly from metro station to metro station & within a 1km radius of each.  Even in such small ground, there's still so much to be seen...and eaten. :|

Ubike rentals in front of Bella Vita.  I actually saw people renting & using these bikes on the streets much to my surprise.  


Inside Bella Vita.  So amazingly nice, probably tops what I've seen on Rodeo Drive. 


Finally got my Taiwanese-inspired Italian pasta!! I've been having this odd craving ever since I stepped off the plane.


Lunch time in Shin Gong San Yue with Deborah!

My heart jumped a little as I walked past this glass case.


Peanut butter & jelly and Matcha hazelnut from Tartine Bakery.  Loved the PB&J!

Exploring the multi-story Eslite Bookstore.  So much to be seen!  This was a section of special designer paper products--everything above is made out of a special paper material that's waterproof & durable...and supa expen$ive

We found Thor in Eslite!

Look familiar? See below.

Approximately 1 year ago in Vegas.  My, how we've changed!

Grabbing quick 7-Eleven refreshments while walking around Dongqu.

Tea time with grammas @ Cafe Trico.

Dinner time upstairs at Xin Yeh.

Oyster pancake!

Closeup of oyster pancake deliciousness.  Best one I've had hands down.



Our breakfast of yummy rice balls & macaroni salad.  Rice ball + drink special = $35NT, which equals $1.29US.  Mind is still blown every day by how cheap yummy food is.  


I was craving dry noodles so Jeff brought me to eat yi mien at a local hole-in-the-wall restaurant he used to frequent.  SO delicious I can't even believe...and also $25NT.  

Cute Coco drink shop.

Pointing at Coco because I miss my baby at home :'(

\
Blueberry aloe tea with blueberry bits.

What you can find in the local street markets.  As big as a bath tub! 


Green onion pancake with cheese and egg.

Will giving Jeff his first golfing lesson at the Shipai driving range.

Swensen's after a long day of golfing.



More noooodles for me.


Creme brulee! Caramelized goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment