alliosn

photo fcda9f15-100e-45f7-925b-f552fd1faf66_zpsknmfg4mo.jpg

Monday, October 15, 2012

A little less tourist-ing, a lot more eating.

It's only been a matter of 4 days since we've arrived, but it seems like we've moved past the tourist stage and are now living like locals here.  Every morning we go downstairs to get breakfast at one of the many cute fast food shops, go back home to rest and get ready for the day, and then go about our day by walking to the MRT and exploring Taipei.  I love it! 

Trying 50lan for the first time, at last after hearing so much about it in the states.  Above is their ice cream black tea.  So unique! And only $32NT (~$1US).  It's dangerous how cheap drinks are in Taiwan...my willpower is lacking more and more every day.

Taiwan's Ten Ren Tea Station



Assembling our duck wraps for us.



Salt & lemon crusted fish.


Truly mesmerized by these giant sausages.  First time back at the Shilin night market! 

Sausages...and garlic...I died.

Quail eggs on a stick.

Won this guy on the first try for $10NT (30cents US), which is normally about $10 in the states.  Love the claw arcade games!! I will probably end up with an entire suit case full of these little guys when I come back home.

Taking our breakfast on the go.  Walking and eating--doesn't get much better than that.

Pork katsu restaurant inside of Shin Kong Mall.

Refillable salad privilege that I used & abused.  I love shredded cabbage >:)

Katsu sauce from what looks like a honey jar.

Sliced pork katsu rolled with cheese and bacon.



Mister Donut downstairs.  Yes, I did have dessert after dessert.

The Mister Donut's mascot, Pon de Lion, with a donut-ring mane.

A+ presentation, per usual in these cafes in Taiwan.



First time at Lattea.  Us looking a little tired from being out and about all day.  Also me looking like a giant next to Jeff thanks to the lovely camera angle t_t

My long-awaited Taiwanese sea cream jasmine tea that I've heard and seen so much about.  So good! & crispy snacks paired with wasabi mayo and ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment